Castle Tower seated on a rock above Tržiště Street is the last standing remnant of the original small Gothic castle, that was built upon the order of Emperor Charles IV probably around 1358. In 1766, after fire, the tower was complemented with an arcaded gallery, from which important visitors arriving to the town were greeted by trumpet horns. In 1911, a robust lift designed by Friedrich Ohmann, author of the Art Nouveau Castle Colonnade, was installed on the rock below the Castle Tower. Today there are exhibition rooms in the Castle Tower and historical underground rooms have been opened to the public.
Go up, look at Karlovy Vary and go to see the UNESCO exhibition - Great Spa Towns of Europe.